16 Facts We Bet You Didn't Know About The Stunning Kate Hudson
You may be a fan of the beautiful Kate Hudson, or simply watched her in some of her biggest movies, but we are sure that we’ll surprise you with some of the below facts about the actress.
1. Kate’s parents are actor/musician/comedian Bill Hudson and Academy Award–winning actress Goldie Hawn. Heard of them?
Here they are in 1979, back when they were still married.
2. Sadly, Kate’s parents weren’t together very long. They divorced a year and a half after she was born.
She and her brother, actor Oliver Hudson, were raised by Goldie and actor Kurt Russell, their mother’s longtime boyfriend.
3. Because of this, Kate considers Kurt Russell to be her father.
“He doesn’t know me from a hole in the wall.” Referring to her biological father Bill.
4. Kate graduated from Crossroads, a performing arts school in Santa Monica, in 1997.
Her brother, Oliver (below) was her biggest supporter.
5. One of Kate’s first roles was staring in the little-known film Ricochet River in 1998.
She played a outcast teenager who grew up in a logging town.
6. Kate’s big break was as ‘Penny Lane’ in the classic film, Almost Famous.
She won the Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe Award for this role.
7. Kate’s first marriage took place in 2000 to Chris Robinson, the lead singer of The Black Crowes.
The pair welcomed their son Ryder four years later. Unfortunately, the couple divorced in 2006.
8. Her son is named Ryder Russell, a tribute to Kurt Russell.
9. Kate has dated some big-name athletes, such as Lance Armstrong and Alex Rodriguez.
But neither of these relationships lasted as long as those with musicians.
10. In 2010, Kate found love again with fiance and lead singer of Muse, Matthew Bellamy.
Kate gave birth to their son, Bingham, in July 2011. Sadly, the pair called off their engagement in 2014.
11. Kate has a creative side and loves to create her own jewelry.
Her style is described as “boho-chic.”
12. Kate has a cousin in singer Sarah Hudson.
13. Kate’s BFF is the equally stunning Liv Tyler.
14. Kate got her scuba diving certification just for her role in Fool’s Gold.
“I carry my certificate around with me in my wallet. Matthew got certified in five seconds, but it took me a couple of weeks.” Kate explained.
15. Bette Davis is Kate’s favourite actress.
16. Together with her family members, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell and Oliver Hudson, Kate started a production company called Cosmic Entertainment.
In case that face looks familiar, Oliver stars in the hilarious comedy TV show Rules of Engagement.